Whitney's Top Ten - Favorite Lower Body Exercises
1. Plié Squats with heels elevated - put two plates on the ground two feet apart and place heels on edge of plate with toes on ground pointed out diagonally. Lower into a squat position and squeeze glutes as you lift up into starting position.
2. Bench step ups - keep one foot on platform and push through your heal as you drive the opposite knee up and to your chest as u step up.
3. Princess Lunges - step back as if your doing a diagonal reverse lunge and drop knee as if you're doing a curtsy.
4. Hack Squat - place feet together and squat all the way down past 90 degreesto really hit the glutes with this exercise 5. Vertical Leg Press - place feet with toes slightly off the platform and push through the heels as you press weight up.
6. Straight Leg dead lifts - take your time with this. Proper form is crucial and do not use ur back as you stand up to complete each rep.
7. Lying hamstring curl - squeeze glutes as you curl legs up, don't whip the weights.
8. Cable glute kickbacks - wrap cuff around ankle and brace yourself on a bar as you squeeze glute and kick back.
9. Single Leg Squat on Elevated platform - start in lunge position with front leg on elevated platform. Drop down until knee almost touches the ground and then elevate.
10. Reverse Hack Squat - face inward on equipment with shoulders and chest on pad. Lower into a squat and it's important to keep abs tight throughout